Sunday, July 5, 2015


May 4, 2015

hola familia!
this week flew by so fast that it feels like we didnt have time to work! Tuesday we had interviews with our mission president and it was really so good. Something that has really been bothering me lately is I feel like im 9 months into my mission and I should feel like im becoming better, but I feel like I have more weaknesses and everyday I find more and more things that I need to work on. So I brought that up in our interview and he said that when we first start our missions we dont see our weaknesses, but with time as we are becoming more and more like the savior, we realize just how much we need to work on to become purified through his atonement. and I realized just how true that is. the longer i am out here and the more I am learning, the more I realize just how much work I have to do. Its really a humbling experperience. We have to be humble as missionaries that is for sure. we cant do this hard work alone. But one thing that I know for sure is that my heavenly father is proud of all of his missionaries. He is just so happy that we are working to find and teach his children and bring them back to him. I know he loves me and I know he is proud of me. I have been a little frustrated this week because I feel like this time in my mission I am working soo hard to be more obedient and be the best missionary I can possibly be and we are struggling more than ever to find people to teach and we arent seeing any results. I had to repent because I realized I am working with the wrong intentions because I am expecting baptisms and golden investigators but I have realized that the lord wants us to be patient and have faith. Ive learned how much we really do need to rely on him and I know that when we are doing all we can, he will take care of us. 
So the only really interesting thing that happened this week was that someone broke into the church. We were in the middle of a lesson with a member and someone kept calling the cell phone of the member and when we left she called them back and the other hermanas had called to say that we needed to go to the church right away. when we showed up I was in shock. There was glass everywhere and it was a disaster! they had broken into all the rooms and the offices of the branch presidents and had just destroyed everything they could. they really only did it to cause damage I think because they didnt steal too much. It just broke my heart that someone would do such a thing. I mainly just feel bad because there goes their salvation. so that was a bit of a downer for us this week. but the church will move on! no one can stop this work!
we didnt have much time to work in our area this week because my companion had to go to salta to do some paperwork for her visa so I went to work with another hermana in her area. That was fun. I like working with other missionaries. We got stuck in the mud in the dark and dogs were chasing us. it was hilarious. and then we also had divisions with our sister training leaders and had to travel alot for that. and the sister training leader that I worked with is going home in 2 weeks and is SUPER trunky...I dont care what she says haha so that was interesting.
well This week is going to be a better one! I know that the lord has something in store for us :) 
I love you!! 
hermana stewart 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment