Thursday, June 5, 2014

Called to bring the world his truth..


So.....I kinda made a big life changing decision in April 2014. One that I know will be the hardest thing I ever do, but SO worth it! It didn't take me long after praying and going to the temple to receive my personal answer that a mission would be good for me. I wasn't praying to know if I was "supposed" to go...more for the strength to follow through with the decision that I felt was right. I felt instant strength from my Heavenly Father as I went into my bishops office and told him I wanted to serve a mission. I started my papers the second I got home! I was going to keep it all a secret from my family, but anyone who knows me knows I can't keep secrets, and I was so emotional that day I couldn't hide it for long. So I skyped with my family after church and here is how our conversation went...
ME: "hey do you guys have $7200 I can borrow?" 
MOM: (rolling her eyes) "Why?" 


And then the tears came....
and they wouldn't stop....
My parents were beyond thrilled and the spirit was strong! 

So 2 weeks later, I submitted my papers! 
2 weeks after that....this happend:

I was actually getting really discouraged because my bishop had told me my call hadn't been assigned, and it had already been what felt like 4 weeks of waiting! So when I got this text from my brother, I in denial! My call wasn't supposed to come until the next week...but it came!
  EASTER MIRACLE!
I had to wait 3 days before I could make it home to open it and the anticipation KILLED me! Trying to focus on preparing for finals week was nearly impossible. But finally Friday came and I cried the entire 3 hour drive home to open my call. I was more nervous then a teenage girl getting her first kiss! 
I really felt like I was going to stay in the States...and I was more than okay with that!
But the Lord always likes to surprise me...
and I sure was surprised with this one! 
 

Dont mind the fact that I'm a total wreck...
the spirit was just so strong...


Is this real life?! 

Someone please pinch me because I am in denial that this is happening....AND that I am going to the most beautiful country in the world! Ok, so I've never actually been to Argentina...BUT google images sure does make it look pretty! I mean, let me just brag for a second with some pictures:




I'm so in love already! 
But let's be honest...I'm definitely not going on a mission because I want to be travel and become a "tourist." If that was what I wanted, I would have chosen an easier route. I actually have a scripture that I like to call my "mission decision scripture."
 D&C 15:4-6 
"For many times you have desired of me to know that which would be of the most worth unto you. Behold, belesed are you for this thing, and for speaking my words which I have given you according to my commandments. And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentence unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen." 

 I know that I will find this scripture to be true as I continue with my decision to serve a mission. I have gained such a strong testimony this past year, and I cannot and will not deny what I know to be true. I can't wait to share that testimony every day for the 18 months I serve as a full time missionary, as well as throughout the rest of my life!
I know it...
I live it...
I LOVE it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment